A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Matthew 25:25, “So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.”
- SO I WAS AFRAID: Fear is a powerful emotion that can prevent you from doing the right thing. For example, if you’re afraid that God will not provide for you, you will not be faithful in giving your tithes and offerings.
- HID YOUR GOLD: Sometimes people think like the lazy steward in the parable that hiding God’s treasures is better than investing it into His Kingdom. Certainly, saving money is wise, but we should only save what we have tithed from, otherwise, we are hiding God’s money because the tithe belongs to Him.
- WHAT BELONGS TO YOU: The reality is everything belongs to God, not just our tithes and offerings. However, God only asks that we be faithful to give 10% back to Him and seek His will for offerings above that. Therefore, when giving our tithes and offerings we should do it remembering that, “the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.”
Be motivated by your love for God in giving, not hindered by fear.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have not been faithful in giving God your tithes and offerings because of fear.
- Learn God’s financial promises in the Bible so you can replace your fear with faith!
By the power of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of the Word of God I will not be hindered by “greed,” “laziness,” “unbelief,” “discouragement,” or “fatigue” in my giving to God. I will overcome “bitterness,” “impatience,” “pride,” “fear,” “idolatry,” and live a life of obedience in my finances.