A hindrance is something that prevents us from being obedient to God’s commands.
Matthew 6:24, “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
- CANNOT SERVE TWO MASTERS: Jesus made it very clear that the number one competing idol with the true God was money. He taught that you couldn’t have two masters because one will always be in charge of your life.
- LOVE & HATE: Serving God will cause you to hate the idol of money and serving money will result in you hating God as your master. Most idolaters will not publicly admit they actually hate God, but their rebellious disobedience to His commands of generosity show their inner hatred.
- WHO IS YOUR MASTER?: If the idol of money is your master than you will let it decide how you give to God. However, if God is truly your master you will let Him decide how you spend your money.
Make God the master over your money and make your money obey God’s commands.
- Be faithful in giving your tithes (10% of your total income) and offerings (anything you give after your tithes).
- Repent if you have allowed the idol of money to be your master by preventing you from obeying God’s commands of giving.
- Joyfully love God and make Him the Master of your entire life!
By the power of the Holy Spirit and the guidance of the Word of God I will not be hindered by “greed,” “laziness,” “unbelief,” “discouragement,” or “fatigue” in my giving to God. I will overcome “bitterness,” “impatience,” “pride,” “fear,” “idolatry,” and live a life of obedience in my finances.